Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
MIXED VEGETABLE BIRYANI
10-12 French beans, cut into 1 cm pieces
1 small cauliflower, separated into florets
4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch diamonds
1½ cups Basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes
Salt to taste
2 bay leaves
4-6 green cardamoms
10-12 black peppercorns
2¼ tablespoons ghee
4 medium onions, sliced
1½ cups yogurt
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
¾ cup fried onions + for garnising
A few saffron strands
2 tablespoons fresh cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon milk
1 inch ginger, cut into thin strips
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
Whole wheat flour dough for sealing
Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
1. Heat 4 cups water in a non-stick pan and bring to a boil. Add salt, 1 bay leaf, 4-5 cloves, 2-3 green cardamoms, 5-6 peppercorns and ¼ tablespoon ghee and stir.
2. Add drained rice, stir, reduce heat and cook till the rice is half done.
3. Heat remaining ghee in another non-stick pan. Add remaining bay leaf, remaining green cardamoms, remaining peppercorns and remaining cloves and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add onions, mix and sauté for 3-4 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Add French beans, cauliflower and carrots and mix. Add salt and yogurt and mix well.
6. Add ginger-garlic paste, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon garam masala powder, 1 tablespoon mint leaves, 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and ¼ cup fried onions, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add 1 cup water, mix and bring to a boil.
9. Strain the cooked rice, add and spread over the vegetables.
10. Mix together saffron, cream and butter in a bowl. Add milk and mix well.
11. Using a knife make a few holes through the rice and vegetable mixture in the pan. Drizzle the saffron mixture in the holes.
12. Top with remaining mint leaves, remaining coriander leaves, ginger strips, green chillies, remaining garam masala powder and remaining fried onions. Cover, seal the edges with dough and cook on high heat for 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes.
13. Garnish with some fried onions and coriander sprig and serve hot with burani raita.
2 cups yogurt
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
¼ teaspoon red chilli powder + for sprinkling
Black salt to taste
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic, reduce heat and sauté till golden brown and crisp. Strain in a bowl.
2. Take yogurt in another bowl and whisk. Add fried garlic, chilli powder, black salt and salt and whisk well. Refrigerate to chill.
3. Sprinkle some chilli powder on top and serve with vegetable biryani.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Tweets by SanjeevKapoor